January, 2015 saw a number of trials progress towards conclusions expected later this year.
In particular, there was:
- Impaired Driving Care and Control case where the defence of “no care and control” appears to have significant merit;
- A sexual assault preliminary hearing, still under-way, where the alleged victim appears to be ‘stretching the truth’ at a minimum;
- A domestic assault case where the alleged victim’s story doesn’t add up;
- A constitutional challenge to the mandatory driving prohibition laws in “driving while disqualified”;
- A case of police brutality where the client was charged with assaulting police and resisting arrest;
Stay tuned for the results of these cases; decisions are expected over the next few months.