Valleyfield Criminal Lawyer
At David Anber’s Law Office, we recognize the gravity of being charged with a criminal offence in Valleyfield. A conviction can lead to severe consequences, such as imprisonment, substantial fines, loss of driving privileges, and a criminal record, which can have a long-lasting impact on your life.
Thus, it’s crucial to seek legal assistance as soon as possible after an arrest. Our law firm provides skilled defence services for various criminal allegations, including sexual offences and impaired driving. Our team of experienced lawyers will assess your case and work diligently to reduce or dismiss the charges against you.
Do not hesitate to obtain legal help. Contact us to schedule a consultation by dialling 1-888-989-3946 or filling out our online form.
Charged with a criminal offence in Valleyfield
The Canadian criminal justice system is based on the principle of “innocent until proven guilty”. However, navigating a criminal case without adequate legal counsel can be overwhelming. Hiring an experienced defence lawyer can increase your chances of having charges reduced or dismissed.
Our law firm comprises highly skilled and experienced legal practitioners who are dedicated to providing robust legal representation to all clients. Our lawyers can guide you through the criminal justice process, safeguard your legal rights, and fight for your innocence in the courtroom, regardless of the nature of the allegations.
What are your rights when charged with a crime?
When accused of a crime in Quebec, it’s essential to understand your legal rights, which are protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. These rights include the right to remain silent, a fair trial, legal representation, knowledge of the charges, the presumption of innocence, the right to challenge witnesses, the right to an interpreter if required, and the right to an open trial. Collectively, these rights are known as your “Charter Rights.”
What happens when you are arrested?
If you are arrested for a criminal offence in Valleyfield, it is crucial to remain calm and follow the instructions of the authorities. Non-compliance or complications may negatively affect your case.
Upon arrest, the following events may occur:
- You will be informed of the reason for your arrest.
- You will be subjected to a search for any weapons or evidence.
- Your legal rights, including the right to remain silent and the right to legal representation, will be explained to you.
- You may be taken to a police station for questioning and processing.
- You may be released with conditions or held in custody until a bail hearing.
- If held, you will have a bail hearing within 24 hours to determine your release status until trial.
- If released, you may be required to comply with conditions such as reporting to the police or following a curfew.
Court Information for Criminal Offences in Valleyfield
The Valleyfield Courthouse is for a wide range of legal proceedings including criminal cases that occur in Valleyfield and the surrounding areas. It’s important to note that all legal matters related to criminal offences must be handled within this jurisdiction. The Valleyfield Courthouse is situated at:
74, Académie St.
To ensure that your criminal case is handled properly, it is advisable to consult with a well-respected criminal defence lawyer who has experience dealing with cases in the Valleyfield Courthouse.
Why do I need a criminal lawyer?
Navigating the Canadian criminal justice system without a legal background can be complex and daunting. It’s essential to secure the services of a skilled criminal defence lawyer to ensure your rights are protected and to gain a thorough understanding of the legal proceedings.
A competent defence lawyer can explain the charges against you, guide you through the legal process, and represent you in court, including cross-examining witnesses and presenting evidence supporting your case.
Our criminal legal services
Our law firm provides legal representation for various criminal cases in Valleyfield, including:
- Impaired driving – Alcohol-related driving offences are prevalent in Quebec’s court system, which include charges such as Over 80, Impaired Driving, Fail to Provide a Breath Sample, DUI, Care and Control, and Breathalyzer Refusal cases.
- Violent crimes – Canadian law mandates that violent offenders receive serious punishment, as outlined by sentencing guidelines. In most instances of violent crime, a guilty verdict will result in a term of imprisonment.
- Sexual offences – Accusations of sex crimes can have a profound and lasting impact on an individual’s life, with far-reaching consequences that may affect various aspects of their personal and professional life. Even being charged with such a crime can lead to financial challenges, social stigma, and persistent stress.
- Drug charges – Drug offences are serious crimes that carry varying penalties based on the type of drug involved, the quantity, and your prior criminal record. Your case may involve multiple charges, depending on the circumstances.
- Driving offences – Driving without valid insurance or driving while your license is suspended are serious offences in Quebec.
We understand the serious implications and consequences of a criminal conviction, and our skilled lawyers are committed to protecting your rights and working towards a favourable outcome in your case.
Valleyfield criminal defence lawyers protect your rights
At the Law Office of David Anber, we specialize in providing legal representation for a variety of criminal charges, such as assault, DUI, sexual offences, drug-related charges, and more. If you are arrested, it is vital to remain composed and cooperate with law enforcement.
To safeguard your rights and secure a positive outcome, it is advisable to seek the assistance of an experienced defence lawyer promptly. You can reach out to our law firm through our toll-free number at 1-888-989-3946 or our online form submission to schedule a preliminary consultation. Our devoted team of defence lawyers is dedicated to safeguarding your freedoms and advocating for you.