Perth Criminal Lawyer
At David Anber’s Law Office, we understand the urgency and gravity of being charged with a criminal offence in Perth. The implications of a conviction, including imprisonment, fines, license suspension, and a criminal record, can have far-reaching consequences for your life.
As a result, it is of utmost importance to secure legal assistance immediately upon arrest. Our firm provides adept defence services for individuals facing criminal allegations, including impaired driving and sexual offences. Our team of seasoned lawyers will assess your case and aim to reduce or eliminate the charges against you.
Don’t hesitate to seek legal support. Contact us for an introductory consultation by calling 1-888-989-3946 or through our online platform.
Charged with a criminal offence in Perth
The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is a cornerstone of the Canadian criminal justice system. However, pursuing a criminal case without adequate legal counsel can be formidable. To increase the likelihood of having charges mitigated or acquitted, it is advisable to retain the services of an accomplished defence lawyer.
At our law firm, we are comprised of seasoned legal practitioners who are dedicated to providing robust representation for all clients. Regardless of the nature of the allegations, our attorneys can guide you through the criminal justice process, secure your rights, and fight for your innocence in the courtroom.
What are your rights when charged with a crime?
In Ontario, if accused of a crime, you are entitled to certain protections established by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, including:
- Right to silence
- Right to impartial trial
- Right to legal representation
- Right to know the charges
- Presumption of innocence
- Right to challenge witnesses
- Right to an interpreter if needed
- Right to open trial.
These rights are commonly referred to as your “Charter Rights.”
What happens when you are arrested?
Being apprehended for a criminal offence is a grave matter. It is imperative to maintain composure and comply with the police’s directives. Steer clear of non-compliance or creating any complications, as these can negatively impact your case.
In the event of an arrest in Perth, the following events may transpire:
- The authorities will apprise you of the grounds for your arrest.
- You will undergo a search for any weapons or evidence.
- Your rights, including the right to remain silent and the right to legal counsel, will be communicated to you.
- You may be transported to a police station for questioning and processing.
- You may either be discharged with stipulations, such as a court appearance at a later date, or detained until a bail hearing.
- If detained, you will have a bail hearing within 24 hours to determine your status of release until the trial.
- If released, you may be obliged to abide by certain conditions, such as reporting to the police or adhering to a curfew.
To ensure that your rights are protected and to ensure a just outcome, it is advisable to retain the services of a experienced defence lawyer.
Court Information for Criminal Offences in Perth
The Perth Courthouse is for criminal proceedings that occur in Perth and the surrounding areas. It’s important to note that all legal matters related to criminal offences must be handled within this jurisdiction. The Perth Courthouse is situated at:
43 Drummond St E
The Perth Provincial Courthouse is for a wide range of legal proceedings within its jurisdiction. It is located at:
80 Gore St. E.
If you have a scheduled matter that requires an in-person appearance, such as a summons to appear in court, it may be possible for you to appear remotely. The zoom meeting info for virtual meetings are:
Zoom Audio: 1-855-703-8985 and use CODE – 637 765 4797
Zoom Video: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/6377654797
The Perth satellite court is a location that offers limited court services in partnership with a main court office. If you require court services at a satellite court, it’s important to contact the office directly to confirm their hours of operation. The Smiths Falls satellite courthouse is located at:
39 Chambers St. Rm 307
Smiths Falls, ON
If you require legal representation or assistance for a criminal matter within this jurisdiction, it’s recommended that you seek the advice of a reputable criminal defence lawyer who is experienced in handling cases at the Perth Courthouse.
Why do I need a criminal lawyer?
The Canadian criminal justice process can be complex and challenging for those without legal expertise. To ensure your rights are protected and that you have a thorough understanding of the proceedings, it is advisable to secure the services of a competent criminal defence lawyer.
Your lawyer can provide clarity on the charges against you, guide you through the legal process, and provide representation in court, including cross-examining witnesses and presenting evidence in support of your case.
Our criminal legal services
Our law firm provides legal representation for various criminal cases in Perth, including:
- Impaired driving – Our lawyers have extensive experience in defending individuals charged with drunk driving and breath test refusal.
- Violent crimes – Our legal team fights tirelessly to defend your rights and freedom in cases of assault and other violent crimes.
- Sexual offences – We provide steadfast defense for those falsely accused of sexual offenses and work towards establishing their innocence.
- Drug charges – Our lawyers work closely with prosecutors to lessen or dismiss charges for drug-related offenses like possession, production, or trafficking.
- Driving offences – Our traffic lawyers provide strong defense for individuals facing charges such as reckless driving and other driving violations.
Regardless of the crime you’re charged with, our lawyers are equipped to provide a solid defense, be it for DUI, assault, or drug possession.
Perth criminal defence lawyers protect your rights
At the Law Office of David Anber, we are proficient in offering legal representation to individuals accused of a diversity of criminal offenses, including but not limited to assault, driving under the influence, sexual crimes, drug-related charges, and other similar crimes. Upon detention, maintaining composure and adhering to the instructions of the police is of utmost importance.
To secure the protection of your rights and ensure a favorable outcome, it is advisable to seek the assistance of a competent defence lawyer as soon as possible. You may reach out to our law firm through our toll-free number 1-888-989-3946 or via our online form submission to schedule a initial consultation. Our devoted team of defence lawyers is committed to safeguarding your liberties and advocating on your behalf.