Gatineau Criminal Lawyer
If you are facing criminal charges in Gatineau, seeking legal assistance immediately is crucial. A conviction could result in various consequences such as imprisonment, fines, loss of driving privileges, a criminal record, and other detrimental effects on your life.
At David Anber’s Law Office, we provide exceptional defence representation for individuals charged with criminal offences including DUI and sexual assault. It is imperative to contact a legal professional right after an arrest. Our team of lawyers will assess your case and strive to mitigate or dismiss the charges brought against you.
To schedule a free initial consultation, contact us online or call 1-888-989-3946. Don’t delay in securing the legal help you need to protect your rights and future.
Charged with a criminal offence in Gatineau
It’s important to remember that you are innocent until proven guilty. Nevertheless, navigating a criminal case without the assistance of a skilled legal representative can be challenging.
To increase the likelihood of having the charges against you reduced or dismissed, it’s recommended that you enlist the help of an experienced defence lawyer.
At our reputable law firm, we strongly believe that everyone is entitled to a strong defence. Regardless of the nature of the charges, our team of proficient lawyers can assist you in navigating the complex criminal justice system, protect your legal rights, and effectively argue your case in court.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for legal support. Our experienced legal professionals are here to help you through this difficult time.
What are your rights when charged with a crime?
When facing criminal charges in Quebec, it’s essential to understand your legal rights, which are protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. These rights include:
- The right to remain silent
- The right to a fair trial
- The right to legal counsel
- The right to be informed of the charges against you
- The right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty
- The right to cross-examine witnesses
- The right to an interpreter if needed
- The right to a public trial.
These fundamental rights are commonly known as your “Charter Rights.”
What happens when you are arrested?
Being arrested for a crime is a serious situation that requires careful handling. It’s crucial to stay calm and follow the police’s instructions to avoid any escalation that could potentially harm your case.
If you find yourself under arrest in Gatineau, here’s what you can expect:
- The police will inform you of the reason for your arrest.
- You’ll be searched for weapons or evidence.
- You’ll be informed of your legal rights, including the right to remain silent and the right to legal counsel.
- You may be taken to a police station for questioning and processing.
- Depending on the circumstances, you may be released with certain conditions or held in custody until a bail hearing.
- If you’re held, you’ll have a bail hearing within 24 hours to determine your release status until trial.
- If you’re released, you may be required to comply with certain conditions, such as reporting to the police or adhering to a curfew.
Court Information for Criminal Offences in Gatineau
The Gatineau Courthouse is the designated location for a wide range of legal proceedings including criminal cases taking place in Gatineau and nearby areas. It’s essential to recognize that any legal issues related to criminal offences must be resolved within this jurisdiction. The physical location of the Gatineau Courthouse is:
17 Laurier St,
If you require legal representation or assistance for a criminal matter within this jurisdiction, it’s recommended that you seek the advice of a reputable criminal defence lawyer who is experienced in handling cases at the Gatineau Courthouse.
Why do I need a criminal lawyer?
The Canadian criminal justice system can be complex and overwhelming, especially for those without a legal background. It can be challenging to navigate the system and its procedures without proper guidance.
A competent lawyer can help you understand the charges against you and guide you through the legal proceedings while protecting your legal rights. They can accompany you to court dates and represent you during the trial, cross-examining witnesses and presenting evidence to support your case and prove your innocence.
Our criminal legal services
We provide legal representation for a wide range of criminal cases in Gatineau, including:
- Impaired driving – The consequences of driving under the influence can be severe, ranging from license suspension to imprisonment. Our legal professionals specialize in defending individuals charged with impaired driving offences, including breath test refusals and driving over the limit.
- Violent crimes – Violent criminal offences, such as assault, can result in harsh legal consequences. Our lawyers are dedicated to vigorously defending your legal rights and freedom.
- Sexual offences – False accusations of sexual crimes can have devastating repercussions. Our legal team is dedicated to helping you prove your innocence and clearing your name.
- Drug charges – Drug charges, including possession, production, or trafficking, can result in severe legal consequences. At our law firm, our legal professionals will work tirelessly to minimize or dismiss your drug charges.
- Driving offences – Certain driving violations, like reckless driving, have the potential to significantly impact your personal and professional life.
No matter the charges, our team is prepared to defend your case, whether it’s for assault, DUI, or drug possession.
Gatineau criminal defence lawyers protect your rights
At the Law Office of David Anber, our focus is on providing legal defence services for individuals facing a wide range of criminal charges, including but not limited to, assault, impaired driving, sexual offences, and drug possession.
In the event of an arrest, it is vital to remain composed and cooperate with law enforcement. We suggest seeking legal assistance promptly by contacting our law firm at 1-888-989-3946 or through our online platform to schedule a free initial consultation. Our skilled defence lawyers are committed to safeguarding your legal rights and working towards securing your freedom.