Montreal Criminal Lawyer
At David Anber’s Law Office, we offer legal representation for individuals facing criminal charges in Montreal. A conviction can have serious consequences, including jail time, fines, loss of driving privileges, a criminal record, and more. To minimize these consequences, it’s crucial to speak with a competent lawyer as soon as possible after being arrested.
Our legal team is equipped to defend clients against a wide range of criminal charges, from impaired driving to sexual assault. Upon being booked, ask to speak with a lawyer, and our counselors can quickly be by your side. We’ll review the details of your case and start devising a strategy to reduce or dismiss the charges against you. Contact us at 1-888-989-3946 or online to schedule a free, initial consultation with one of our experienced defence lawyers.
Charged with a criminal offence in Montreal
Remember, you’re innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. But, trying to face a criminal case without a lawyer or with one who’s inexperienced can be overwhelming. Your best chance of reducing or dropping charges is to hire an expert defence counsel.
At David Anber’s Law Office, we are dedicated to providing strong criminal defence for all. Our highly regarded legal team will help guide you through the justice system, safeguard your rights, and be your staunch advocate in court. Regardless of the charges against you, our lawyers will fight tirelessly to prove your innocence.
What are your rights when charged with a crime?
In Ontario, you have guaranteed rights if charged with a crime, including:
- Right to stay silent
- Right to a fair trial
- Right to a lawyer
- Right to know charges
- Presumed innocent until proven guilty
- Right to question witnesses
- Right to an interpreter (if needed)
- Right to a public trial.
These rights are safeguarded by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and commonly known as your “Charter Rights.”
What happens when you are arrested?
If you’re arrested in Montreal, here’s what may happen:
- Police will tell you the reason for arrest.
- Police will search you for weapons or evidence.
- You’ll be told your rights, incl. right to stay silent and right to a lawyer.
- You may be taken to a police station for questioning and processing.
- You may be released with conditions or held in custody for a bail hearing.
- If in custody, you’ll have a bail hearing within 24 hours.
- If released, you may have to follow conditions such as reporting to police or following a curfew.
Get a skilled lawyer to protect your rights and have a fair outcome.
Court Information for Criminal Offences in Montreal
The Montreal Courthouse is for criminal proceedings that occur in Montreal and the surrounding areas. It’s important to note that all legal matters related to criminal offences must be handled within this jurisdiction. The Montreal Courthouse is situated at:
1 Notre-Dame St. East,
The Montreal Municipal Courthouse is for a wide range of legal proceedings within its jurisdiction. It is located at:
775 Rue Gosford,
The Montreal Court of Appeal is a higher court in the judicial system of Quebec, Canada. It hears appeals from the lower courts in Montreal and the surrounding regions. The Court of Appeal is the highest court in Quebec for civil and criminal matters, and its decisions can have significant legal implications. The Montreal Court of Appeal is located at:
100 Notre-Dame St. East,
If you require legal representation or assistance for a criminal matter within Valleyfield, Longueil and St-Jerome, it’s recommended that you seek the advice of a reputable criminal defence lawyer who is experienced in handling cases at the Montreal Courthouse.
Why do I need a criminal lawyer?
If you’ve been charged with a crime in Canada, navigating the criminal justice system can be overwhelming. Without a legal background, you may struggle to understand the charges and procedures.
That’s why it’s important to have a skilled criminal defence lawyer by your side. Your lawyer can guide you through each step of the process and ensure that your rights are protected. They’ll represent you in court, cross-examine witnesses, and present evidence to support your innocence, helping you achieve the best possible outcome.
Our criminal legal services
Our legal team offers skilled representation for a variety of criminal cases in Montreal, including:
- Impaired driving– Don’t let a mistake jeopardize your license or freedom. We defend those facing charges of breath test refusal, driving over 80 and other impaired driving offenses.
- Violent crimes – Harsh penalties for violent offenses like assault. We act quickly to defend your rights and protect your freedom.
- Sexual offences – Wrongful accusations for sexual offenses can be life-altering. We will strongly advocate for your innocence.
- Drug charges – Possession, production, or trafficking arrests carry long-lasting consequences. We work to have the charges reduced or dismissed.
- Driving offences – Careless driving and other driving offenses can have significant personal and professional impact. Our traffic lawyers will zealously defend you.
No matter the crime, our lawyers are ready to help defend you in court.
Montreal criminal defence lawyers protect your rights
At David Anber’s Law Office, we defend individuals accused of criminal charges such as assault, impaired driving, sexual offences, drug possession and other crimes. Upon arrest, comply with police and promptly request to speak with a defence lawyer. You can schedule a initial consultation with one of our knowledgeable defence lawyers by calling 1-888-989-3946 or reaching us online.